The Grand Palm Supports Female Owned Businesses with Thusang Basadi
Thursday, August 24, 2023
The Grand Palm Resort invested a sum of P50 000 to Thusang Basadi to aid selected female-owned businesses in the central district that were crippled by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Receiving the donation on behalf of Thusang Basadi, was Program Director Mrs Kgomotso B. Nong: ‘Most of the business were crippled by the pandemic and to have such a donation will contribute towards uplifting people in rural areas. As Thusang Basadi we are also grateful to different Village Development Committees (VDCs) and the local leadership that we work with in identifying our beneficiaries.’
The donation was part of The Grand Palms’s corporate social investment (CSI) project which included a series of incubator classes to help the beneficiaries understand how to effectively run a business. The Grand Palm General Manager Keletso Bogatsu emphasised how the resort draws strength from uplifting the local community and urged the beneficiaries to use their investments sustainably.
The business women who benefitted, and where the investment will be used:
- Mmando Odirile of Palapye - Broilers and chicken feeds
- Mareledi Taolo of Mahalapye -Broilers and chicken feeds
- Diloma Supilekae of Mahalapye - Tuckshop stock
- Gaorelatlhe Gabaikangwe of Mmashoro -Tuckshop stock
- Sejo Mokotedi of Seolwane - Tuckshop stock
- Keitumetse Senatla of Seleka - Tuckshop stock
- Gakenyatse Marumo of Lerala - Tuckshop stock